Ground Turkey Stir Fry – So, who is ready for the easiest weeknight dinner ever? It’s easy, super fast, sneaks in loads of veggies, and is made with leanest protein out there… You guessed it right.
This is one of the healthiest and tastiest ground turkey recipes!! Throw in whatever veggies you have on hand, make a quick homemade sauce out of your pantry, and sizzle your wok in minutes to make this healthy stir fry recipe for your family… all this in under 25 minutes!!
Busy weeknights are demanding, and there is always the question of what to cook that is tasty, yet nutritious and healthy for the whole family. You are tired at the end of the day, and looking for quick cooking time in the kitchen.
This is when stir fries come into play. A quick chop time, then everything happens in a flash. And if you use the correct amounts of aromatics and sauces, it turns into one delicious, satisfying meal.
We love our stir fries, all brimming with beautiful flavors, be it our Pork Stir Fry, Beijing Beef or Hunan Shrimp.
Any kind of protein is great in this Asian avatar, loaded with veggies. But ground turkey is a total win-win, as not only is it delicious, but being a lean protein, it’s the first choice when looking for a healthy meal option.
This stir fry is also a great make ahead meal prep idea. Make a giant wok of this ground turkey stir fry and have your weekday lunches ready, served over rice or noodles, or even go carb less with a few of the great ideas we’ll give you later.
Ingredients for Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Ground Turkey
- Veggies – bell peppers (use multi colored for good color in your stir fry), zucchini, carrot, mushrooms and scallions (white and green parts separated).
- Aromatics – ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry sauce – we used a combination of different Asian sauces to create an amazing tasting stir fry sauce for this recipe. But if you miss one or two, you can definitely work with whatever you have in your pantry. We used a mix of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar (or white vinegar), and sriracha.
- Sesame seeds – for garnish.
How to Make Ground Turkey Stir Fry
As we said earlier, this happens in a few blinks. So gather all your ingredients and prep the veggies by cutting or dicing them. (Make sure they are cut in the same small size for quick, uniform cooking).
Mix all ingredients for the stir fry sauce in a bowl and set it aside.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ground turkey. Stir and cook until the turkey is cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and cook for a minute. Add in all diced vegetables and cook them for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Cook the veggies to your preferred tenderness.
Add in stir fry sauce and cook, stirring, for another 2-3 minutes, till everything is coated with stir fry sauce. Remove from heat and garnish it with the green parts of scallion, along with sesame seeds.
Customize “Your” Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Use other veggies. Think broccoli, snow or snap peas, regular peas, spinach, green beans, water chestnuts, cabbage, red cabbage or baby corn.
- Use different protein like ground chicken, ground pork or ground beef in place of the ground turkey.
- Turn it into a ground turkey egg roll bowl by adding a bag of coleslaw or shredded cabbage. Scramble some eggs and mix them in. Great low carb option.
- Give it a Thai Basil spin by adding hot red Thai chilies, a cupful of basil or Thai basil, along with a a tablespoon of fish sauce.
- On lazy days, instead of chopping, use pre cut fresh veggies or frozen mixed veggies.
- Add in crushed nuts like peanuts or cashew nuts for some great crunch.
How to Serve this Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Serve it over hot, fresh jasmine or basmati rice with garnishings like sesame seeds and the green parts of scallions.
- Serve it over noodles. It’s great with our easy Spicy Noodles. Alternately, you can mix pre cooked noodles straight into the pan and make it a noodle stir fry.
- Turn it into lettuce wraps. This stir fry will go great as a lettuce wrap mixture for another low carb option.
Storing and Leftovers
This is a great meal prep contender, as leftovers are great for five days refrigerated in air tight container. Make a large batch, you can double the recipe. Divide it into portions. Simply reheat it before digging in.
To reheat the stir fry, microwave it or heat it in a pan on the stove top for a few minutes, until heated throughout.
We can recommend even freezing this up to 3 months, for best quality, and easy meal prep for meals in the future.
Now you know exactly what to cook with ground turkey. It’s such a pretty and delicious, super easy meal that you will cook again and again.
Be sure to check our other cracking stir fry recipes on GypsyPlate, and come back again for all the new flavors coming to you…